Thank you for your interest in the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot project.
Please review the information below. Follow the steps carefully.
The Employer Approval Process.
Make sure your business meets the federal eligibility requirements.
Check the Community Criteria link below to make sure your business is eligible for RNIP in Vernon North Okanagan.
Employers must do the required training.
To book your training session, send an email to Ward Mercer at email@example.com
- Tell the candidate to send their Offer of Employment Form to firstname.lastname@example.org and to complete their Profile on the RNIP system.
• Help the candidate during this recommendation period and following a recommendation, with their Permanent Resident application through IRCC.
• You must refer the newcomer to Vernon & District Community and Settlement Services upon arrival. They will offer peer mentoring to help your new employee and their family settle.
• You must comply with the required information-sharing arrangement with IRCC about the newcomer(s) to the Community.
These requirements are explained during the employers training session.
Fraud and Mis-representation
Fraud and mis-representation are taken very seriously by the Community and by IRCC. Any applicant found to be mis-representing themselves or committing fraud will be banned from applying for recommendation for the duration of the pilot along with any associated parties.
Mis-representation and fraud can take many forms including but not limited to:
- Submission of fraudulent documents
- Accepting or offering money for a job offer
- Intentionally misleading the Community
It is important to note the following:
- All decisions made by the Community are final and are not subject to appeal.
- Receiving a recommendation from the Community does not guarantee permanent residence; IRCC has sole authority to approve or refuse all applications for permanent residency.